- BREAKING NEWS: Peyton Manning Rumored To Be Out Week 1 At Houston
- BREAKING NEWS: Matt Cassel Expected To Be Questionable For Week 1 Against the Bills
- TE John Gilmore Goes Back To Where It All Started
- Man Dies in Swinning Pool at Home of Texans DE Antonio Smith
- Panthers Dominate Waiver Wire, Sign WR Seyi Ajirotutu
- Brandon Tate Joins the Bengals
- Raiders Rookie QB Terrelle Pryor to Appeal Suspension
- Bears Agree To Terms With Ex-Patriots FS Brandon Meriweather
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 06:24 PM PDT
Peyton Manning is rumored to soon be out indefinitely after he gets his 2nd neck surgery since May, multiple sources have told ESPN 1070′s JMV.
While Collins actually didn’t look bad with a vanilla offense against a vanilla defense in the 4th game, fantasy owners of Colts skill players may want to bench them this week. The real wild card would be Curtis Painter, if he can get in as he has spent the whole off-season throwing to Wayne, Garçon and Clark.
UPDATE: ESPN claims Manning is not scheduled to have another procedure, but that he will be re-evaluated because he isn’t ready to play.
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 06:23 PM PDT
This could effect the fantasy prospects of many players. That said, #2 QB Tyler Palko is a shifty, scrambling quarterback who could end up hitting bigger targets like Dwayne Bowe when the play breaks down. The Chiefs could, also, lean more on the running game if Haley decides that is the best game plan. Palko has never started an NFL game.
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 05:56 PM PDT
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 02:35 PM PDT
In a rather bizarre case, a man was found dead early on Sunday in the swimming pool at the home of Texans DE Antonio Smith. Foul play is not suspected, according to the Houston Chronicle, and authorities are investigating the apparent drowning of the victim, who was a 37-year-old male.
Approximately 100 people attended a party Saturday night at Smith’s home, a $1 million, five-acre estate in Richmond, Texas, and 25 stayed overnight, officials told the newspaper. Neighbors reported hearing loud music during the party.
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 12:02 PM PDT
Ajirotutu had 13 catches for 262 yards for 2 TDs as a rookie last year for the San Diego Chargers.
They also claimed ex-Bears DT Marcus Harrison (Carolina Growl), and S Stevie Brown (Raiders), CB Josh Thomas (Cowboys), and DE George Selvie (Rams) from source ProFootballTalk. They just cut WR David Clowney, DE Thomas Keiser, S Kevin Payne, OL Bryant Browning and DE Everette Brown.
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 11:39 AM PDT
The Bengals – much like the Bucs who drafted Sammie Stroughter, Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams, and plundered the Bengals’ Practice Squad for Dez Briscoe – now have a young corps of receivers to grow with their young quarterback.
Tate was partly responsible for 38-24 pummeling of the Bengals week 1 last year with a 97-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, and finished the season with 24 catches, 382 yards and 3 TDs.
To make room for the three new players they claimed (including TE Mickey Shuler from MIA and C/G Mike McGlynn), the Bengals have surprisingly cut C Reggie Stephens, TE Chase Coffman and WR Quan Cosby (ESPN).
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 11:21 AM PDT
Upon declaring the former Ohio State quarterback eligible for the 2011 Supplemental Draft, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Pryor for the first five games of the regular season for “violating the spirit” of the Supplemental Draft, which is normally reserved for players who were dismissed by their college team, were declared academically ineligible or graduated and then decided to leave school.
Pryor voluntarily hired an agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and left school, so he did not fit any of those criteria and technically should not have been granted eligibility for the draft. Rosenhaus and high-ranking officials in the NFLPA had reportedly signed off on the suspension in order to get Pryor into the league in 2011, but the suspension length being identical to his college suspension has drawn protests from current NFL players, including Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and NFLPA Executive Committee member Charlie Batch.
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 11:08 AM PDT
By Bears Gab Columnist Peter Skiadopoulos
The Bears were quick to pick up ex-Patriot safety Brandon Meriweather. Only one day after the safety was released, the Bears signed him to a one-year contract. The two-time Pro Bowler may not be integrated into the Bears mix immediately, but can eventually make his way into the lineup.
Meriweather is 27 years old and has recorded 12 interceptions as well as 261 tackles in his career. The Bears currently have Major Wright and Chris Harris at the safety positions, so Meriweather will have a chance to show up the young Wright. Harris is a seasoned veteran and is likely to remain a starter.
Brandon Meriweather is currently in the prime of his career, so the cut by the Patriots was a bit out of the ordinary. Hopefully, his time in Chicago will be beneficial to him and the Bears organization.
|You are subscribed to email updates from NFL Gridiron Gab |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|